Rocket Salad with Minute Steak
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 5 mins
- For the steaks
- 2 Scotch Beef minute steaks (80-100g each)
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- For the salad
- 1 x 80g bag wild rocket salad leaves
- 1/2 small red onion, very finely shredded
- 2 small peppers, finely sliced (yellow or green peppers)
- For the dressing
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp seeded mustard
- 2 tbsp good quality olive oil
- A little salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 25g Parmesan or Grana Padano cheese
- Crusty bread to serve
Put all the salad ingredients into a serving bowl. Whisk together all the dressing ingredients, except for the cheese, ready to dress the salad when the steaks are done.
Brush the steaks with a little oil now, then cook on a preheated griddle pan or under a very hot grill, for 1 minute or less until done to your liking.
Serve the steak, cut into 3-4 slices piled onto the dressed salad and shave the cheese over the top and a twist of lemon zest or juice and enjoy with some crusty warm bread.
Or you could pack the salad into a warm baguette, add sliced steak and parmesan if you need a meal on the go!
Nutrition, per serving: 306 kcals, protein 26g, fat 19.8g, carbs 6.5g, sugar 5.2g, salt 1.7g