Lamb pitta salad
Prepare: 10 mins Cook: 15 mins Serves: 4
- 300g cold leg of Scotch Lamb, thickly sliced
- 4 pitta breads
- 1 small Romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 4 heaped tsp black olive tapenade
- 100g feta cheese, cubed
- Halved cherry tomatoes, optional
Heat a griddle pan over medium/high heat and sear the lamb slices for a minute or two turning, until nicely browned and heated through. Do this in batches, covering with foil to keep warm in the meantime.
Pop the pittas in the toaster till softened and warmed through.
Split and stuff each pitta with a handful of shredded lettuce, onion and feta. Divide the warm meat slices equally between the pitta pockets and top the meat with a dollop of the tapenade and serve straight away.
Fat (g) 14.5
Protein (g) 33.5
Carbohydrates (g) 44
Sugar (g) 4
Salt (g) 1.8