Scotch Beef Salad with Red Pepper Mayonnaise
Cooking time: Approx. 5 - 10 minutes.
- 225g (8oz) lean Scotch Beef popeseye (rump) steak
- 5ml (1tsp) oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 200g (7oz) mixed salad leaves
- 1/4 cucumber, cut into thick chunks
- Red Pepper Mayonnaise
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and quartered
- 1 red chilli, de-seeded and cut in half
- 60ml (4 tbsp) mayonnaise
- 5ml (1tsp) paprika
Grill the peppers and chilli, skin side up until charred, then remove the skin, (this is much easier if you place the cooked peppers into a plastic bag to cool - the skins peel off easier). Finely chop peppers and chilli and add mayonnaise and paprika.
Heat oil and cook the steak for 2 - 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for a further 1 - 2 minutes. (Cook for longer if you prefer well done meat). Cut the steak into slices.
Place salad leaves and cucumber in a serving dish, add the meat and serve with red pepper mayonnaise spooned over meat strips and salad leaves.